IACA is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2016 IACA Excellence in Currency Technical Awards
Best Feature or Product
• Monetary Authority of Singapore/Innovia Security Pty Ltd – $10 and $50 notes with see-through, substrate embedded, lens-based security stripes on Guardian polymer substrate
• European Central Bank/Leonhard Kurz Stiftung & Co KG – €20 (Europa series) featuring “portrait window”
• National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan Banknote Factory/Lanqart AG – 20,000 tenge banknote on Durasafe substrate
Best New Currency Innovation
• Giesecke & Devrient – cash processing security suite that enables maintenance to progress to a predictive model
• KBA-NotaSys – automated plate-clamping device to allow printers to introduce new and innovative features in offset designs
• China Banknote Printing and Minting – double sided simultaneous intaglio printing technology.
IACA EVENTS AT BANKNOTE 2016
We are delighted to invite you to participate in two important IACA events during Banknote 2016, which will take place later this month in Washington, D.C.
MONDAY, MAY 23RD: IACA EXCELLENCE IN CURRENCY 2016 AWARDS PRESENTATION
At the close of the Monday afternoon sessions, IACA will recognize the achievements of nine finalists and the winners of the 2016 awards. We hope that all IACA delegates will join us to honor them.
TUESDAY, MAY 24TH: IACA DELEGATES INTERACTIVE PANEL DISCUSSION
We are grateful that the organizers of Banknote 2016 are again supporting IACA’s Interactive Panel Discussion during the lunch period on Tuesday, May 24th. This discussion is open only to IACA member delegates, which fosters a more intimate context than the large conference sessions.
The topic this year is “How central banks, finance ministries, and cash industry suppliers engage effectively with their stakeholders, including the tools that organizations use to reach the broad pool of stakeholders in the currency cycle.”
We are honored to have as panel members: Deputy Governor Francois Groepe of the South African Reserve Bank; Jon Cameron, Associate Director US Mint; and Doug Mennie, President, Cummins Allison and one of his associates. The panelists will share their views on the critical topic of effective communications with stakeholders, from the perspectives of thought leaders form a variety of organizations in the cash industry. We look forward to hearing your ideas as well.
We also hope that you will stop by the IACA table at the conference to greet Sybil Baxter, IACA’s Administrator. She will be happy to see you and can discuss all aspects of IACA membership and programs.