IACA’s Interactive Luncheon Discussion
Currency Conference Kuala Lumpur
The Interactive Luncheon Discussion–Banknote design in the new cash cycle infrastructure with banknote equipment manufacturer representatives, current and former central bank experts on the topic of how changes in the cash cycle environment have created new demands on banknote design took place on Wednesday May 17 at the Shangri-La hotel Kuala Lumpur during the Currency Conference.
IACA was honored to have these distinguished panelists lead the discussion and wish to thank them for thier participation.
Mr.Brian Hayr, Head of PolyTeQ, Innovia Security
Mr. Peter Balke, Payment Division/Cash Policy Department, De Nederlandsche Bank
Mr. Ian Wheeler, Glory Global Systems, Managing Director, Australia and New Zealand
Mr. Tod Niedeck, Corporate Marketing Director, Crane Currency
IACA AWARD WINNERS 2017
Best New Banknote or Series
- Swiss National Bank – The new 50-franc note theme is «The Wind». The inspiration behind the new Swiss banknote series is the many facets of Switzerland.
Best New Commemorative or Limited circulation banknote
- National Bank of Poland – A commemorative 20 zloty banknote to celebrate the 1050th Anniversary of the Baptism in Poland.
Best Banknote Processing Innovation
- Innovia – A Guardian Recycling Program – establishing a network of regional recycling facilities in major geographical regions around the world.
Best Communications Program:
- Bank of Canada – Is she #bankNOTEable? A public consultation to select a Canadian woman who would appear on a bank note in 2018.
- European Central Bank – four communication initiatives for the new Euro 20 and 50 banknotes: Direct Marketing, Partnership, Euro Run Initiative and the new 50 Euro film.
Best New House Note
This is a new category of IACA award in honor of the 10th Anniversary of IACA’s Excellence in Currency Awards, that attracted 8 high quality nominations. And the winner was voted in by the Central Banks at the Currency Confernce in Kuala Lumpur.
- Louisenthal: Water note
Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. Nopporn Pramojaney
Dr. Nopporn Pramojaney began work as a chemist at the Bank of Thailand Note Printing Works in 1982. Over the years, his career progressed through the positions of: Division Executive, Quality Research and Management Division, Director and Senior Director, Note Printing Works, and finally Assistant Governor, Banknote Management Group, before he retired from the Bank in 2013.
During his career, Dr. Nopporn was involved in five series of Thai banknotes, from Series 12 through to Series 16. His most significant achievements include leadership of the development of the state-of-the-art Note Printing Works in Nakhom Pathan, which also involved relocating the old printing works from the Bank’s premises in the centre of Bangkok.